Haley's Trip
You have seen what Kelsey thinks is cute, here is what I think is cute:

(Here's a recap of Haley's trip. I am including it on this blog so you can see that we know how to show people a good time. Now come and visit!)
I picked her up from the airport on Thursday afternoon and we went straight to Fort Worth. I took Haley to the watergarden and the stock yard, both of which she liked. We talked to an old timer at the visitor's center about slaughter houses and meat packing for more than half an hour. Pretty good stuff.
Next we met up with Dalla, Emily, Elaine, the Christensen boys and ALL their wives and kids at Joe T. Garcia's, a Mexican place right next to the stockyards that only sells fajitas. Haley said it was the best Mexican food she has ever tasted. Then we headed over the the BYU TCU game to have our hearts broken, dreams dashed, and our "you know whats" handed to us. We didn't get home to Plano until after Midnight.
On Friday we all took the kids to Plano Railroad Museum for storytime, and afterwards an old timer at that visitors center took Haley and me through the old streetcar. We managed to keep our conversation with him to about 15 minutes. Then we took a picnic lunch to nature preserve and went on a hike. I worked that afternoon, and when I got back we grilled shishkabobs and ate in the backyard. That night we all went to a movie in the park. Pretty fun day.
Saturday morning I had to work again, so Kelsey dropped Haley off, and she road the train downtown to see the JFK museum. I picked her up around 2 and we stopped by the farmer's market to try all the fruit before we headed home. That afternoon Haley offered to babysit our kids, so Kelsey and I packed a picnic and loaded our bikes in the van and headed down to White Rock Lake. We rode all the way around the lake, and had a fun time just the two of us.
That night we played Scrabbel (I won, even though I let the girls play with 8 tiles) and had pie. We had a really nice, long talk with Haley before we went to bed. I took her back to the airport at 5:45am. Yikes! But it was a lot of fun, thanks for coming Haley.
Justin

7 Comments:
Justin- That picture of the baby Miles, pretty freaking me out, but I still like him. Heh..heh..heh..
-cassidy
how about the time i came to visit and you did NOT have a new baby?! where was my 'good time'?
Great report. Leave that baby's face alone. Scarey. Dad F.
i'm sold. i'll be on the next plane to Plano. Just don't touch my face Justin!
love the child abuse! what a cute kid.
Awesome!
-Whitney
Austin and I still maintain that we had the BEST trip to Dallas of anyone who has visited to. Austin says it was his favorite vacation of his life! We definitely want to come back some time if you'll have us - we'll be so close in Iowa!
XOXO
Heather
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home