Who says America is the land of excess?
Surely a one year old and a four year old can eat all that candy.
I cleaned up more than my daily allowance of throw up yesterday. Which did you know that my daily allowance is 0? Yesterday, Justin was in quite a state. He threw out his back, he had terrible acid reflux and a head cold and he started the day out with a friendly morning barf. Jude has had diarrhea for days and is getting 4 molars so he will not let me put him down. Eden started the day out by throwing up all over her bed. Anyways we had quite a Halloween. This picture was taken on a happier day. Luckily I haven't seemed to catch anything. I haven't even started to cut my molars. What would these guys do with out me?
Eden vegged out in front of the TV all day, and I could hardly get her to put on her costume for the ward trunk or treat. I knew if I didn't make her, she would regret it later. She missed Halloween last year because we were in Australia, so she has been looking forward the this year's for almost 2 years. The trunk or treat lasted about 20 minutes. Eden wouldn't say a word to anybody there, and was the most forlorn ballerina ever seen. Jude did well and even carried his bucket for a little while, but dropped it for a sucker as soon as he spotted one. When we got home Eden wanted to go to bed, but a few neighbors had wanted to see her. So I carried her to three doorsteps. She hardly opened her eyes, but it was a good thing that we went because they had chocolate. Jude got the hang of it pretty quick and would carry his bucket up to the door and grab a candy and then promptly turn a round to go the next house. He was very businesslike. Justin even brought him to our door (where I was passing out candy) and he did the same thing to me. There was no sign of recognition in his eyes. I believe his sweet spirit had been overtaken by the evil candy spirit. Anyways we still managed to do OK in the candy department, I'd say. We have about 6 pounds too much, and all of it was gleaned in the space of about 30 minutes of trick or treating.

4 Comments:
Is everyone well yet? Did Justin go to work? Can he walk? When do you hear about the bar. If you flunk will you move to Idaho and kill bugs. Call Us! Mom
i hope all that candy helps your barfing family. i like the picture of eden with the candy organized into categories. organization is the key to maximizing halloween enjoyment.
Joel lines things up and everyone calls him autistic, Eden does it and she's cute.
Sarah
Crazy awesome story. We had the throw ups not too long ago - ugh!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home