Rock Out Whatever

Friday, June 6, 2008

Chicago



Well, many of you may know that I -KF- went to a conference last week for my job. We have been preparing for ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) for several months. I was in charge of 4 meetings, most of which took place a 6 am, so I had to be there at 5 am everyday. Then, I was assigned particular sessions in hematological cancers to attend, leukemia, etc. I generally got back to the hotel at around 10:00 pm when all the meeting were over. That makes for a long 5 days. So thatw why I don't feel guilty writing this post while at work. Anyways it is all over, and nobody died. You would have thought that impending doom was on the horizon the way my bosses freaked out about everything, but all of us at work made it back unharmed. The conference center was huge, about 7 city blocks and right on Lake Michigan, I believe. It was right on a large body of water, and for those of you who know my geography handicap, please forgive me for my silly little ways.


Also of note - we are having a baby boy in Aug. and our new car got totalled by a deer. The deer got away.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Congrats!! I wondered if you were from the b-day pics!

June 7, 2008 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Marlo said...

I love the announcement....also of note we are having a baby. Congrats. One day Jamieson will try to call Justin again.....I wonder if you can play Pureto Rico online?

June 12, 2008 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger tylersmama said...

Kelsey! I didn't know you were pg again! Hooray! I'm glad no one died at your conference...that's more than I can say for some conferences that I've been to. But that story is for another day......

June 12, 2008 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger Flake Family said...

Kelsey, in the first picture, is the item of focus the ship or the very chic lady dressed in go-go boots?

--Ashley

June 13, 2008 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

Exciting! A baby boy! I love the dog's hair cut--you should be a groomer:)

June 24, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home